Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Happy 1st Anniversary!

One year ago today I started with my blog! Happy Birthday Blog! Your birthday falls on the same day that Vancouver got its first frost of the season. Whee!

Well, the whole intention of my blog (if you never read my first-ever post) was to provide a local's perspective of life in Vancouver. Although to be honest, I initially wanted to provide info more for the travellers and tourists as opposed to locals. After all, there are plenty of blogs out there that cater to locals in Vancouver, but not many are designed for the tourists!

Having spent years participating in travel forums giving out Vancouver-related travel advice, and after a short stint working at Tourism Vancouver, I figure my blog would be a summary of FAQ's commonly asked by tourists... or a blog where I could point out what was worth seeing and what was worth missing.

Needless to say, I have a long way to go! In fact, I've often wondered if this would work better as a website as opposed to a blog, but so far the blog's been flexible and I can add to it whenever I'm motivated to do so.

The good news is that this blog is going to be undergoing some massive changes in the not too distant future. I may even change its name (Vancouver: A Local's Perspective is just too... unremarkable). Until then, I'll keep doing what I've been doing!

And for your own amusement, here was the scene out of my solarium this evening. Another beautiful clear (if not cold) December day! Who says it rains every day in Vancouver? Don't believe the hype! ;)



Homer & Davie



For more photos, check out my Flickr account!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos!
It sure is chilly... and slippery!!

I never knew that they turned on the christmas tree on top of harbour centre on dec 1st!

Colene said...

happy birthday blog! :)

MsRay said...

Love your photos :)

Glynis Peters said...

Happy Blog Birthday :)
I can see why my son loves it there.

Jen Low said...

Love your stories and your photos Robyn, and as a Vancouver gal myself, so relatable. Happy 1 year!

Robyn said...

Sam - Thanks! :) I just noticed the lights on Harbour Centre by accident. I was looking out the windows the day before and saw Hotel Vancouver's Christmas lights on, and wondered if Harbour Centre still put theirs on. Sure enough, on the night of December 1st, on they went!

And Colene, MsRay, Glynis & Jen - Thanks! :)

Jen - see you tonight @ Lark!

Sher said...

Happy 1st anniversary! That's an important milestone in the blogosphere! Here's to many more happy years to come! :)

Have a great day,
Sher :0)

Robyn said...

Thanks Sher! :)

Erik said...

Congrats! You have a beautiful, creative and informative blog. I look forward to many more anniversaries.

Robyn said...

Thanks Erik! :)