Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Bake for the Quake!



I know there are a quite a few of you who live and work in Yaletown... or who can at least easily visit Yaletown on a whim.

Anyhow... for those of you who can make it to Yaletown this evening, the Bake for the Quake collaborative bake sale's happening at the Roundhouse Community Centre from 6pm until 8:30pm.

Two local food bloggers, Melody Fury of GourmetFury.com and Joy of Gourmeted.com have organized this event as a fundraiser for Japan earthquake and tsunami relief. All proceeds will go to Doctors Without Borders.

Locals - food bloggers, bakeries, and those who just love to bake - are all participating and they're selling all kinds of tasty treats tonight.

Needless to say, I've got my tupperware containers ready to go and I'm going to hit the bank machine before I arrive. It'll be a great event, so I thought I'd pass this on to fellow sweet tooths.

p.s. Yes, it's 4/20, and I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or if this was strategic planning, but there you go!

3 comments:

Blogger said...

Sweet! (literally).

I do like baked goods. Will definitely head down tonight.

Westcoast Walker said...

Digging the Vancouver-centric blog so far & looking forward to more of your writing on all things local!

BTW 4/20 must've been a boon for anyone selling snacks - hope lots of money was raised!

Robyn said...

vjm, did you end up going?

Westcoast Walker - Thanks! Your comment encouraged me to breathe some life back into the blog!

4/20 was a hilarious coincidence (I think)... they made a lot of money. It was, as it turned out, the biggest bake sale in Vancouver history. There was a 45 minute lineup just to get in... insanity!