Saturday, September 26, 2009

Autumn hits Vancouver

So we're a few days into autumn and while the weather's been gloriously sunny (and even hot - 28 degrees Celsius a few days ago), it has definitely cooled down to the 15 Celsius range, and the leaves are starting to change colour and drop from the trees. There's a cool wind blowing today, although it's still spectacular. I don't think it has rained since the Labour day weekend.

Just a quick update - work has been insane for me and I've been doing overtime, so I haven't been updating my blog as I typically would. I have, however, been updating my Twitter and Fourspace accounts.

Weekends have taken me back to the Richmond Night Market, to Section 3, the Elephant and Castle pub and the old Alibi Room out in Gastown. We even managed back on the second weekend of September to do a spontaneous picnic of Nando's chicken and beach fire at Spanish Banks - quite nice! Last weekend did a road trip out to La Conner, Bellingham's Fairhaven, Chuckanut Drive, Deception Pass State Park and Whidbey Island's Coupeville. Will have to post a proper post with photos in the near future, as Washington state's always a great day-trip destination from Vancouver.

And totally random, but today I had a bad craving for Lebanese food so wandered around the block to Nuba Cafe. It's definitely a local fav. Can highly recommend the lamb kofta pita - it's served with fresh mint, lettuce, pickled cabbage, but the lamb kofta is particularly nice and well-spiced. Have it with the hot sauce and you'll be sad you didn't order two!

So craving Lebanese food in Vancouver? Go to Nuba. The Nuba Cafe is on Seymour south of Davie near Yaletown. It's a small space but you can take it to go, which is what I've always done. Healthy, tasty, and a cool local business.

No comments: