Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July 25, 2009

July 25th will forever be etched in the minds of those who were lucky enough to be here.

Out of seemingly nowhere, on a hot and humid Saturday afternoon, a rogue thunder and lightning storm ambushed Greater Vancouver for hours and hours. It produced an apocalyptic blood red sunset never seen in this city before and continued to woo the 300,000 people awaiting the Celebration of Light. It was truly a battle of Mother Nature vs. the fireworks, and it was an obvious winner.

I was at Spanish Banks all Saturday, from about 3pm until about 9:30pm (hosting a BBQ with friends) when we witnessed what was the most spectacular natural event I've seen in my 29 years of living here.

My personal experiences and photos of Saturday will be posted in the next few days, but until then, I leave you with this. (Just mute the cheesy music).

No comments: