Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Years Resolutions

The first day of January came and went. I slept through most of it to be honest. I think I have a sort of self-induced jet lag. I don't know what time I went to bed last night, but whatever time it was, I ended up waking up at 3:30pm. I blame it partially on my sleep deprivation from the night before. Tack on last night's party, and voila!

Well it's currently quarter after midnight and it's 9 degrees Celsius outside (48 Fahrenheit), so it's pretty mild out. It also occurred to me (thanks to Duane's Twitter post) that it's Friday night.

It's Friday night in Vancouver (well, early Saturday morning), the last weekend before I go back to work, and downtown's as quiet as it was on Christmas. And because of my strange sleeping patterns, I'm in no shape to go to bed just yet.

In fact, Josh is currently at work a few blocks away finishing up some images for a January 4th deadline and I've been peacefully blogging away at home alone. Although, I'm almost tempted to go out to his work studio and teach myself how to play pool. (They have a pool table there).

I'm almost embarrassed to say that I never properly learned to play pool. I've played once or twice, but I'm truly awful. I find it hard to learn when everyone around you is outstanding at it. Maybe that'll be my New Year's resolution: learn to play pool so you won't feel intimidated playing pool badly around the experts.

No comments: