Friday, January 22, 2010

Super Natural British Columbia

Tourism British Columbia is the latest to jump on the celebrity-endorsed tourism video bandwagon (à la California). The commercial features local, BC-based celebrities like Sarah McLachlan, Michael J. Fox, and Steve Nash endorsing BC's spectacular scenery and attractions. So fitting for Hollywood North, no?



They've also done a nice job with their "You Gotta Be Here in 2010" website, which seems to have arrived just in time for the 2010 Olympics. You can check it out at www.DiscoverOurBC.com, or visit the official Tourism BC website at HelloBC.com

Great job guys! :)

6 comments:

Vaga Bond said...

beautiful website robyn. keep up the good work !

Robyn said...

Thank you Pan! :)

Unknown said...

The hellobc vid is superb - thanks for placing on your blog or I would never have seen it.

Sue

Colene said...

I don't want to be a party pooper, but I'm not a fan of the video. It doesn't seem heartfelt to me...perhaps because of the celebrities? the swelling music? I can't put my finger on it...

Robyn said...

Sue, glad you enjoyed it. I'm curious where they're going to air it.

Colene, you're not a party pooper at all. Tourism BC has disallowed comments on their Youtube page, hence I'm fishing for them here.

I know what you're talking about. The music, for me, is the cheesiest element and the whole thing is obviously scripted to be feel-good, but ends up feeling staged. I do like the diversity of the province that they're showcasing, however.

A friend of mine on Twitter mentioned Newfoundland's latest tourism video, which is a work of art (even if at the end the "Call Susan" is pretty comical!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f75T4biR8Zo

But as I mentioned above, I'm curious where this video will air. Is it just online? Are they planning to air it across Canada? The neighbouring states? Europe? Asia?

Gillian said...

I found this blog because of the tourism video. I love it! I'm a Newfoundlander, but I'm doing schooling for costume design and planning to move to Vancouver to find work. I'm really excited!