Sunday, January 23, 2011

PuSh Festival's La Marea

I accidentally stumbled upon the surreal film set-like performance, La Marea, on Water Street Thursday night. As explained by the Georgia Straight:
PuSh International Performing Arts Festival presents nine stories imagined through pictures of the inhabitants of Water Street. The show is called La Marea, and along the street, in the trendy heritage storefronts and upstairs windows, a series of vignettes plays out, with live actors and surtitle screens that reveal their stories and innermost thoughts.

More information at www.pushfestival.ca/
Needless to say, it made Gastown even more photogenic than it already is...


IMG_5601

IMG_5590

IMG_5604

IMG_5613

IMG_5622

IMG_5637

IMG_5658

IMG_5663

IMG_5608

IMG_5649

2 comments:

BOB said...

Hi i'm bob i'm graphic designer and cartoonist, very nice Blog, really I want to immigrate to Canada but i still dont know which city, it could be vancouver, but I need some advice about it :)
here is my email zouaribayrem@hotmail.com
I wish I can learn from you

Erik said...

My favorite was the very last shot in the series.

Bob,

We just tried to immigrate to Canada, we are back in Texas. My advice, don't try to go through the front door.