Thursday, August 12, 2010

Oh blog, I have failed you!

I'm writing from the 3rd floor loft of my new(ish) job here at Think! Social Media - a marketing company with a focus on social media tourism marketing! Who knew such a thing existed? Well, I'll tell you... all my contributing to blogs and travel forums and all this stuff I do for essentially free... it's paying off. My tourism industry experience? I'm sure it didn't hurt. ;)

But with my forays into the world of social media tourism marketing, I've sadly neglected my blog. Oh, who am I kidding. I've been neglecting it for a whole variety of reasons.

But consistency is key with a blog. It doesn't matter how entertaining or how epic your posts are, as long as you're consistently posting something, you're bound to develop a regular readership. And due to my inconsistencies, I feel like I've failed you all, my loyal blog followers. All two of you.

It's almost intimidating to think of where I'll begin. Where do I start?

My long forgotten trip to Toronto for NxNE?
A dinner review of the newly-opened Calabash Caribbean restaurant?
My first-ever Cirque du Soleil experience, Kooza?
WISE Hall concerts in East Van?
Who has the best Commercial Drive muffins - Prado or Common Loaf?
A review of Diamond Bar? Six Acres? Alibi Room? Guilt & Co?
Sea plane rides to Victoria?
A review of Charm Modern Thai Bistro or the Acme Cafe?
How about my recent escapades to Prince George?
... or what about my forays in local concert photography? (Guttersnipe? That's you!)
Spontaneous road trips to Bellingham?
Pride Parade parties at Lolita's?
Or my first ever "proper" (ahem) experience at Wreck Beach this summer?
The Perseids?
My first-ever Tweetup?

Where to begin... that is the question.

8 comments:

colene said...

No more blog posts about feeling bad! Get going on that list :)

ian in hamburg said...

Blog for yourself and you'll never feel bad about not blogging again. That's the way I've been looking at it the past little while as the urge to always post dwindles. Less is more, but don't tell that to anyone on Twitter.

Robyn said...

Ha!

So true, so true...

Thanks Colene and Ian!

Connie said...

I vote with Ian - blog for yourself! If you have fun with it, others will too, and we understand when life gets in the way of writing... catching up later IS allowed (says the blogger who is behind on adventure tales herself!!)

Robyn said...

Thanks Connie! :) Thanks for reminding me about why I started this blog in the first place!

Duane Storey said...

I totally agree - if you blog for yourself and blog from the heart, it's easy to attract readers and a regular readership. Glad you enjoyed the sea plane -- it's a great adventure, and I love Victoria. Congrats on the new job.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, from your 3rd follower! You probably have more readers than you think.

As a musician, I love your support of the local music scene in my 2nd home of Vancouver. I remember a post in which you asked about the music playing in a retail store, then promoted it on your blog. How cool is that?

Enjoy your food reviews as well!

Robyn said...

Thanks Duane!

And thanks AnglerBob!

Truly appreciate the feedback and the support. Seriously! More than you think...