Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

After ten years of offering travel tips and suggestions on variety of travel forums, I figure it would make sense to start my own Vancouver page so to speak.

I'd like to think I can offer a unique perspective on Vancouver - a life long local's perspective. Not only of the city itself, but the atmosphere and attitudes you'll encounter. Sick and tired of typical touristy brochure shpeels of Vancouver as the place where you can ski and sail in one day? Do you want to know the real secrets, both pros and cons?

I will be adapting my blog to reflect life in Vancouver, not necessarily from the tourist's point of view, but definitely for the benefit of any visitor, whether they plan to vacation, study or work here. Since many generations of my family have called Greater Vancouver home, I feel a very strong bond with the city and the surrounding region, and this passion for my home inspires my writing. You'll notice that a lot of my writing will revolve around family traditions, anecdotes and experiences while growing up and living here.

Please feel free to ask questions and I'll try my best to respond to them as soon as possible.

Thanks again and welcome! :)

Robyn

No comments: